Activities of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC as stated by NAAC is
- To develop a system for consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
For realizing these aims the IQAC uses the following strategies:
- This Cell monitors the teaching, research and various departmental activities of each department. Feedbacks regarding teaching and other amenities of the College are collected from the students and from the parents by this Cell.
- This Cell visits each department every year to verify the yearly progress of the department with regard to record documentation, academic and research activities.
- The students’ feedback for each department is evaluated. Good points are appreciated and remedial measures for the weak points are suggested to the departments by the IQAC team.
- The departments ensure the implementation of the remedial measures and report the IQAC team about their improvement.
- The Cell is responsible for regular submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC.
As outlined by the external regulatory bodies like the Directorate of Higher Education, Govt. of Tripura and the UGC, the College introduces and implements required quality assurance measures. Apart from that, Communicative English and Computer Training classes are also organized for the students.
A transparent admission process is conducted using ADMISSION SOFTWARE.
In keeping with the recommendations of the quality assurance agency NAAC, several measures have been adopted.
Increased use of ICT in science classrooms and administrative office has begun.
The College has an Anti Ragging Cell, Grievance & Redressel Cell, Cell Against Sexual Harassment, NCC Cell, NSS Cell, Distance Study Centre, RTI Cell and Science Forum.